Wednesday 5 January 2011

2010 Wrap Up

As 2010 fades into the distance, time to take a quick look back at 2010.

When I look back over what i have done triathlon wise this year it has certainly been a big one, 2 x Ironman, 1x Marathon, 2 x Half Marathon and numerous other races.

Highlights:
The main highlight for the year had to be Ironman WA, finally pleased with an Ironman result that I feel was a better representation of my training going into it and my ability over that distance. There is still room for improvement but I was more than happy with that result.

I was also pleased with my Half Marathon pb for the year of 1.28.57 on a challenging course down on the great ocean road. It was also nice to get a first ever podium finish in the XOSIZE race.

Could do better...

I was well prepared for Port Mac but in hindsight the late decision to enter meant that the base fitness was not as good as it could have been and race day was a very difficult day.

I was disappointed with the Melbourne marathon result, I am sure that I can do better over that distance and in 2011 I'm going to take the time out to do a proper prep for the Gold Coast marathon and see if I can move my running on a little more, hopefully this will then translate to Half Ironman and Ironman distance and help to move me towards the 4.30 and 10 hour marks respectively.

Training totals for this year were well up on last year, as you would expect given the amount of long distance racing. I've done. I'm pretty proud of this given the challenging job I have that often involves long and unpredictable hours. I work pretty hard at trying to fit it all in and at times it is not easy.

Swim - 298km
Bike - 9,702km
Run - 2,276km

2011 Outlook

I'm keen to blog a bit more in 2011, I find it a good way to keep track of my year but sadly it is about the first thing to get dropped when time pressures are on.

I've been in full recovery mode since Busselton, have managed a few runs but I expect it is going to hurt a little getting back into training, looking forward to some shorter racing in early 2011 though.

No comments:

Post a Comment