Monday 21 February 2011

599

599 - Thats my motivation for the year - it may not seem like much or have any real point to it but without setting myself a goal there is not as much motivation to get me out of bed in the mornings! By putting it out there publically this early, I'm hoping others will help to keep me moving towards it (that's an open invitation to beat me up in training!!). 

If you have not yet worked it out, 599 minutes (and 59 seconds) is the aim for completing Ironman Western Australia this year.

That's just over a half hour improvement required compared to 2010, a pretty difficult task but now I've started to get close to it, and trained with people who have achieved, I know I have it in me - although currently this is burried deep inside (and slightly too well insulated :-( 

How do I do that? Well in simple terms I reckon my route to a sub 10 would look something like:

Swim - 1.02 (1.38 per 100m)
Bike - 5.10 (34.8km/h)
Run - 3.40 (5.12 per km)
Transitions - 8 (well 7.59!)

So I'm seeking a couple of minutes on the swim (1.04.25 in 2010), and about 15 mins on both bike (5.22) and run (3.56) compared to this year. I have my own ideas of how to get there but if anyone wants to throw in some advice then feel free!

First bit of training for the year may be learning to get changed quicker, nearly 10 minutes spent in transitions in 2010, need to find an extra 20%!!

No comments:

Post a Comment